What is it and how to check the gas safety register?
Plumbco Services Southend are Gas Safe registered which means we can legally carry out all types of gas works.
The Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, by law all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register.
Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1 April 2009 and Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1 April 2010.
Gas Safe registered engineers carry an identity card which consumers are encouraged to ask an engineer for before they have gas work carried out in their home. The front of the card has a photograph, a registration number and an expiry date and the reverse shows the different categories of work that the engineer is qualified to undertake, e.g. cookers, boilers, gas fires.
If you need gas work done in your home or workplace, you can use the different search options below to find a registered business or check an engineer is registered and qualified for the work you need doing.
How to check the gas safe register
- Check if a business is currently Gas Safe registered by entering their business registration number (1-6 digits) or their trading name. If you do not know their registration number or business name or it is not returned as a search result, please call 0800 408 5500 and the gas safe register will be able to confirm the businesses registration status for you.
- To check if an individual engineer is currently Gas Safe registered you will need to know their unique 7-digit licence number. You will find this on the engineer’s Gas Safe ID card.
Please note that engineers are issued with a new ID card annually, and each new card will have a different licence number.
What does the Gas Safety Register do?
From 1 April 2009 Gas Safe Register took over the running of the mandatory gas registration scheme for plumbing and heating engineers working legally with gas.
The purpose of the Gas Safe Register is to protect the public from unsafe gas work. It does this in two main ways, operation of the Register itself e.g. ensuring that the list of competent and qualified engineers is accurate and up to date, inspecting the work of Gas Safe registered engineers and investigating reports of illegal gas work. The second area is to conduct public awareness campaigns to raise awareness of gas safety issues.
Please note: Gas Safe Register, not CORGI is now the watch dog for gas safety in the UK.
What is the reason for the Gas Safety Register?
- raise awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning to the general public
- provide gas safety advice
- maintain the mandatory register of competent businesses working with gas
- ensure that gas safe registered businesses carry out work safely and in accordance with current legislation
- provide consumers with information about gas safe registered businesses in their area
For more information visit Gas Safe Register website: www.gassaferegister.co.uk
Remember, always check that the installer holds a valid Gas Safe Register card.
Plumbco Services Southend registered gas safety engineers
We are pleased to say that all our heating engineers are Gas Safe Registered and carry Gas Safe Register ID cards. They are qualified to carry out all types of gas work including:
- Combustion Analysis
- Range Cookers
- Gas Boilers
- Central Heating Systems
- Tumble Dryers
- Unvented Cylinders
- Warm Air Systems
- Water Heaters
24 hour emergency callouts
We can provide assistance 24 hours a day in case of an emergency, please call us on 07789 424 640.
Areas we work in.
Based in Southend-on-Sea Plumbco Services covers the Southend and Essex Areas, click below to see some of our latest work in your area.